During this difficult and unprecedented time, Gregor Homes Ltd is doing its utmost to protect our staff, subtrades, suppliers and clients from any potential threat that the Covid-19 virus is throwing our way.
We can take you through the entire process from the initial design process, to obtaining permits on your behalf, right through to completion of the entire project.
At this point in time, we intend to keep our operations functioning and certain projects moving forward as best to our ability without unnecessary risk.
The construction industry has been deemed an essential service,
therefore Gregor Homes is open for business, and still accepting new clients.
Below are the actions our company is implementing for new potential clients during the Covid-19 Crisis:
- We are now conducting initial consultations via Zoom. You can still contact us through our website, or by phone, and we will set up your appointment. We will send you an email confirmation with the Zoom link.
- During the consultation, we will determine if there is anything you can do to help us gather the information necessary to quote your work. Basic measurements, photos, etc.
- If a site visit is required, we will work this out with you on an individual basis and determine what works best for you and us to maintain the Covid-19 best practices.
- Quotes will be sent via email, and if necessary, we will set up another Zoom call to review/present the quote.
- If you decide to go forward with our quote, we will work out a schedule and execution plan with you to best meet everyone’s needs and the requirements of Covid-19 best practices.
- If you decide to go forward with our quote, and there are selections to be done, we have come up with some ways to do this safely. Our Project Coordinator will meet with you over Zoom to discuss and help you every step of the way!
If you are considering home renovations this year, do not hesitate to contact us. We are looking forward to hearing from you, and making your dreams come true.
Below are the actions our company is implementing on our job sites:
- Continuous monitoring of Federal, Provincial, and Local advisories and precautionary measures, regularly updating our staff and responding appropriately
- Workers are not to share Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Increased frequency of cleaning and sanitation of common meeting areas at our sites, office and shop facilities
- Increased cleaning and sanitation of truck and equipment operator stations
- All team members and sub trades have been instructed to stand at least 6 feet away from other people and to avoid shaking hands. All workers should be working 6 feet apart from each other
- Reduce in person meetings and other gatherings and hold site meetings in open spaces or outside
- Maintain a list of employees and sub trades that are working on site and update this list daily
- Avoid sharing tools and cell phones
- Staggering coffee and lunch breaks
- All job sites to have proper toilet facilities with warm water, soap and paper towels
- Sanitizing commonly touched areas such as door knobs and equipment
- Anyone with Covid-19 symptoms such as sore throat, fever, sneezing or coughing must self isolate at home for 14 days
- Allowing flexibility in time off policies
- Actively encouraging sick team members and sub trades to stay home and notify their supervisors if they have had close contact with someone who has contracted COVID-19 or have recently travelled